Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lovesick Items in Garage Magazine # 6 "Always and Forever" Shot by Nick Knight

showstudio.com/project/always_forever/editorial_gallery

http://www.garagemag.com

I was utterly shocked when I was contacted by Garage Magazine for items for an upcoming editorial to be shot by Nick Knight. Very established models, including Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevingne, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Marina Nery, Georgia May Jagger, and Liya Kebede were booked for this shoot, styled by Charlotte Stockdale. When items are pulled for a shoot - there is never a guarantee that what is loaned will get shot, or make the final editorial cut, IF it makes it through customs clearance on time ! Show Studio ran a livestream during the two day shoot. I checked in a couple of times, and almost fell off my chair when I saw Karlie Kloss wearing the white satin back brace during her shoot. The following day I checked the livestream again and felt like I was going to have an aneurysm when I saw the cowboy corset and bra worn by Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley !

To compound the strangeness further - the photos from the shoot would be used as reference for actual tattoos. For those who don't know - I had a very long romantic relationship with a tattooer - who utterly pulverized my heart. I have stayed very far away from tattoo anything since. I was relieved to discover that this person was NOT one of the tattooers taking part in this project, however. Art imitated life, when the tattoo based on Karlie Kloss' images completely erased the surface, leaving no trace of the garments on top of her bones. Rosie's image was distorted, as though she was in the process of igniting. The tattooer used her image as though she was viewed through a keyhole - eeriely reminiscent of the very first logo that was drawn for me by my former love - which featured a heart-shaped padlock with a large old fashioned keyhole...








These are a couple of images taken during the shoot, from Garage's twitter feed. Everyone looked incredible, and watching it happen felt surreal.








No comments:

Post a Comment