Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shadow Ball 2004 at the Art Gallery of Ontario

Somehow this update kept slipping through my former web designer's fingers and never got posted...

The Shadow Ball was a gala Halloween fundraiser for the AGO. For the second year in a row Lovesick Corrective Apparel was invited to dress a model, and to attend the event.




Widow was my model for the evening. The premise was that she was the Virgin Mary, on a date with the Devil, before God stepped in. She was radiant in a matte silver leather corset, with matching leather and metallic lace sleeves, and an invisible skirt. Her pure heart burned brightly. The Devil, however, was trying to put on a good show, and was trying to say all the right things. Anyone who looked closely would notice that the Devil's heart was rotten, and surrounded by a halo of flies. The Devil was kind of spineless, and therefore needed a back brace. What the Devil didn't know was that his important tail was tied in a knot -- therefore rendering him powerless.




I don't know if you can tell in the photo but I was suffering from a terrible headache, and did not get my costume completed due to my former neighbor, "Frankenstein", slammer of doors at all hours, who took offense at my late night sewing and pounded on my floor at 2:30 a.m. Or maybe the headache was caused by the little plastic nun finger puppets I made into devil horns. As much as I was trying to wear the Devil, the Devil was wearing me.

www.blackwidowsweb.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment